[BUG - 13165]Tag Event Script initial Change behavior had changed from 7.9 to 8.0

I noticed the initialChange flag doesn't behave the same way as it does in Ignition 7.
It's only true when a tag is first created and remains false on additional script modifications.
Is this expected behavior? The document string suggests it flags on the first execution(doesn't work) or initial subscription (works).

system.util.getLogger('hello').info('tag: %s, initialChange: %s'%(tagPath, initialChange))

Hi Code_skin

We didn’t intended for the behavior in 8.0 to change from 7.9 and will look into it. I will write an internal ticket to keep track of the issue. Thanks for the head up

Anthony

I put in my vote for needing this bug fix.

I have tag value change scripts that now execute every time the script is updated, it's critical for me to have

if initialChange == False:

working again so it executes only when the value changes and not when the script is updated in the UDT. Having 1000 instances of the UDT execute the change script erroneously on save isn't ideal.

Is there an update on this?

This is still an issue in 8.0.3, and is causing problems on my system when I make UDT updates.

This issue was fixed in the 8.0.4 Nightly build that was uploaded today (8/26).