[BUG-13211]Unable to open window in Client/Designer

DL_Foundry_2019-09-23_1320.zip (1012 Bytes)

See attached.

I can’t open this window in a client or in the designer. We recently upgraded to 8.0.4 from 7.9.10, but I think this window was working until today. I could be wrong about that though.

Would you happen to have the project from before the upgrade? From looking at the resource itself, the window appears to be a completely empty file and that’s why it is not opening. If something went wrong during the upgrade there should be an error in the /data/projects/conversion-report.txt file, it’d help if you could post that to see if we can figure out what went wrong.
But to get the file window back at this point would require you export the window from 7.9 and import it into 8.0.4.

I do have a backup of that entire project from before the upgrade. Here’s the conversion-report.txt file

conversion-report.txt (632.2 KB)

Judging by the conversion-report it doesn’t look like the upgrade is what broke it. The issue of resources sometimes being lost has been reported before in situations like hard restarts of the gateway or possibly from saving while having connectivity issues. I’ll link our internal ticket that is following this issue to this forum post.
But if you have a backup of the project from before the upgrade, then importing that window using the designer and replacing the old window should fix it for you for the time being.

1 Like

This issue was fixed in the 8.0.6 nightly build that was uploaded today (10/21).