[BUG-13211] Windows and Templates turned into folders

I have encounted a problem where when i open the project in the design launcher most of my windows and templates are now gone and replaced by folders with the same name. In the gateway diagnostic logs i have about 15 notifications every 10 seconds pushing this message(This is just for one of the windows/templates):

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 1 path $

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:226)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:927)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:865)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.ProjectFileTree$ProjectFileVisitor.createResourceNode(ProjectFileTree.java:485)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.ProjectFileTree$ProjectFileVisitor.preVisitDirectory(ProjectFileTree.java:421)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.ProjectFileTree$ProjectFileVisitor.preVisitDirectory(ProjectFileTree.java:347)

at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Unknown Source)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.ProjectFileTree.lambda$create$12(ProjectFileTree.java:271)

at java.base/java.util.Spliterators$ArraySpliterator.forEachRemaining(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$Head.forEach(Unknown Source)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.ProjectFileTree.create(ProjectFileTree.java:269)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.ProjectFileWatcher.scanProjectsDir(ProjectFileWatcher.java:65)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 1 path $

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.gson.stream.JsonReader.beginObject(JsonReader.java:385)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:215)

The schedual backup also stopped working so i was hoping anyone maybe have a solution to this problem as atm, alot of work is goneā€¦

For some unknown reason the ā€œreferance.jsonā€ got cleared on some components,
Solved the issue by going into the ā€œreference.jsonā€ document under each component at
C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\data\projects\XXXXXX\com.inductiveautomation.vision
and adding a script based on the ā€œreference.jsonā€ file on the components that were working.
Thankfully not much work was lost!

1 Like

This ā€˜resources getting turned into foldersā€™ bug is an issue high on our priority list, that weā€™re hoping to have fixed in 8.0.6.

This issue was fixed in the 8.0.6 nightly build that was uploaded today (10/21).