[BUG-13550] Unable to open non-localhost Designer

Attempting to open a non-localhost designer and it continually errors out. Went through multiple attempts of fully uninstalling Ignition and reinstalling to only open a newly installed Designer to be met with with no gateway selection page. Have even attempted to fully uninstall Ignition from my local computer, download designer from non-localhost gateway to be met with the following.

Any advice if this is not a bug is greatly appreciated

1 Like

have you tried to connect using the ip address directly? manually add the address in the launcher instead of using localhost (based off your screen shot looks like http://192.168.1.170:8088. To manually add, open the Designer Launcher and click Add Designer then click Manually Add Gateway.

Unfortunately i may not have been as descriptive in my original post as i should have been. In the case that I reinstall a local gateway and reinstalling the designer launcher and run it, i am immediately met with the login screen as shown below.

login

In the case a local copy of Ignition is not installed on my local computer I am met with the issues shown in my original post.

Either way I am not presented with a screen to select what gateway i want to run from nor a button to manually add gateway

Ok, so it is loading, but the launcher is immediately launching a designer? and this designer is running off of a different gateway?

I think you have set a a Default Application in the launcher and now that gateway is no longer running. It looks like this is a bug. Im going to open a ticket, but for now, close the launcher and delete the designer-launcher.json in your %USER_HOME%\.ignition\clientlauncher-data directory and reopen the launcher. You will have to re-add the necessary gateway to the launcher but it will be usable again.

1 Like

Yes and yes

That did the trick and is now opening the correct designer launcher screen.

Thank you,