[BUG -13634, 15008] Font Foreground color changes from black to grey when you upgrade from 7.9 to 8.0

I upgraded a version 7.9.10 project to version 8. The majority of all text (buttons, labels, etc…) in the project changed from 0,0,0 black to 46,46,46 and displays as dull grey in the Designer & the Vision Client. Is there a default setting that can be changed to correct this?
Additionally, labels that were set to have transparent background all changed to no longer be transparent.

Hi clintag,

Could you provide us with the 7.9.10 gateway backup for the project you are using for easy reproduction of the issue.?

Thanks,
Anthony

Yes. How would you like me to send it to you? It is a bit large.

Hi Clintag

Sent you a drop box link you can use to send the large file.

Thanks
Anthony

Hi Clintag,

I have written an internal ticket to track this issue. Thanks for all the info you provided.

Anthony

This issue was fixed in the 8.0.3 nightly build that was uploaded today (7/11).

I experienced the same issue upgrading to Ignition 8.0.3 b2019080717.

Same issue with upgrading to Ignition 8.0.4. Anybody have any explanation?

@nskoog, I’m going to have someone look in to this and get back to you.

Looks like button color still isn’t being set to 46,46,46 by default. I’ve created a new ticket (Bug-15008) to get this fixed. Thanks for letting us know.

Hello,

I wanted to find out if there is an update on this problem? I just tried upgrading a version 7.9.7 project to 8.0.5 and it seems worse than the first time I reported the issue with regards to color changes in the project. Not only did the black text change but some buttons background color changed as well.

Thanks,
Clint

Hi Clint,

The button foreground color ticket is still in our queue but it should hopefully be addressed soon. As for your button background colors changing, I’m not aware of an current issues with that. Could you provide more detail about the behavior you’re seeing on upgrade? It’d be helpful if you could include a project export of the window as well.

Thanks,
Alex

Hello,

What I am seeing is a change in the RGB from R251, G250, B249 in 7.9.7 to R250, G250, B251 and also seeing a change in the HSL from H30, S20, L98, A 100 in 7.9.7 to H240, S11, L98, A100 in 8.0.5. I have attached exports of both projects.

Here is a google drive link to the project exports.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14wY7Y6lEs--e4NeELUkvsZwshOOSaIGD

Thanks,
Clint

Hi Clint,

Thanks for the clarification. The old button colors you mentioned were the previous defaults on the button component. In 8.0, the component went through a look and feel overhaul which is the reason for their colors changing on upgrade since they’re still using the default. Any buttons with custom foreground/background colors set should retain them on upgrade, which I confirmed to be the case with your project.