[BUG-13803] Perspective Table subview issues

I’m currently running (b2019042602).

I noticed two issues with table subviews:
1 - There are always some letters on the top left corner of the table when the subview is active:
I already added the path and parameters and it won’t go away.

2 - I’m passing parameters to the subview so I can filter which columns will be displayed from the selected row on the subview. Basically I’m displaying part of the row on the table and the rest of it on the subview. The data is coming from a query. When the format is set to auto/dataset everything works fine, but when I switch to json the designer becomes extremely slow, and increases Memory/CPU usage (peaks at 25%). It doesn’t throw any error but I have to kill the process because it takes minutes to respond.

Any feedback at least on the first issue? This is easily reproducible.
I already updated to the latest nightly release and I still have the same issue.

Hi,

The first issue is my fault, and I’ll make a ticket to resolve it asap. I know exactly what happened.

We are aware of the second issue. I’m guessing you have over 500 or 1000 rows of data. We are working to resolve this.

Thanks for letting us know.

-Yousuf

1 Like

Good. Thank you.

And yes, for the second I had 2000+ rows.
So if that’s the case for now I can make a ‘select top 200’ and it should work, right?

Yeah, that would work.

Is there any reason a subview would work fine in preview mode but not for the clients? I can’t see how a session prop could be causing an issue because the subview is using data already in the table. The subview has a table filled with a query where the only parameter is the data in the first column of the main table. When the subview is opened there is a slight delay as expected and then the column headers appear but there is no data. In preview mode, the data is there.

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. Is the virtualized property of the table you have configured in the subviews enabled? Try disabling that property and see what happens. If that doesn't work, can you provided more detail so that I can attempt to replicate the issue on my end. Thanks!

-Yousuf

Your suggestion fixed the issue. Thank-you

1 Like