[BUG-13954] Date Picker on a Popup in Perspective

I have a date picker on a popup in perspective that when it’s clicked the calendar that you select from appears behind the popup.

@christopher.green Im not able to reproduce this on the latest build. Are you using a current build? I know there was a ticket about this that was fixed a while back. If you are could you provide an export of the views or more details about the configuration to attempt to replicate?

Thanks,
Jonathan C

Any update on this?

A ticket has been created, it is being evaluated for priority at the moment. When there is an update we will update this post.

Thanks,
Jonathan C

Also happens with docked views.

Little goofy behavior that I haven’t figured out yet. If I put a date time input object on a popup with a specific format property the calendar will show up behind the popup that the object is on. If I change the format it will show up on the popup.

This format works fine on a popup

If I change the format to “ll” and click on the object the blue box shows up like it is selected but the calendar isn’t shown. I dragged the popup over and saw the calendar behind it.

If you navigate to this view rather than open it as a popup it works fine with both format types.

@apgilber I moved your post here as it’s already a known issue.

Any update on this?

Based off of comments on the internal ticket, we’re not planing on assigning this to a developer for quite some time. I would not expect this to be repaired within the next couple of months.

What’s the best workaround? Just change the formatting?

Either the formatting change or avoiding use of DateTime Inputs in Popups. Replacing a DateTime Input with a DateTime Picker would work, but replacing a component entirely would result in you needing to repair bindings, whereas changing the formatting should be a fairly unobtrusive change.

This also happens if you change the locale of the component.
So as we are operating outside of USA it would be nice to get this fixed soon.

2 Likes