[BUG-13955] OPC UA module error

I’ve install ignition 8 on fresh Windows 7 64 on Virtualbox VM, the OPC UA module didn’t load with the error : Sting to date unparseable exception with some charters and GMT 00:00:00 value next to it.
Any Idea how can I overcome this problem?
I’ve tried to reload the module , then all the OPC UA drivers get foulty

Can you post a copy of the error and/or your logs?

Sorry I couldn’t upload the Log file so, this is a copy from the module fault message
note: the numbers in Ignition gateway in Arabic for some I don’t now reason as the regional sittings set as English (united state) .

from module manager : Module “com.inductiveautomation.opcua” threw exception during setup()

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invalid date string: Unparseable date: "ai`eahbb````GMT+00:00"

at org.bouncycastle.asn1.ASN1UTCTime.(Unknown Source)

at org.bouncycastle.asn1.DERUTCTime.(Unknown Source)

at org.bouncycastle.asn1.x509.Time.(Unknown Source)

at org.bouncycastle.cert.X509v3CertificateBuilder.(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.core.util.SelfSignedCertificateGenerator.generateSelfSigned(SelfSignedCertificateGenerator.java:120)

at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.core.util.SelfSignedCertificateBuilder.build(SelfSignedCertificateBuilder.java:153)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opcua.ClientOpcUaKeyStore.generateSelfSignedCertificate(KeyStoreManager.kt:137)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opcua.ClientOpcUaKeyStore.initializeKeystore(KeyStoreManager.kt:106)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opcua.KeyStoreManager.initialize(KeyStoreManager.kt:45)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opcua.ClientOpcUaKeyStore$Companion.invoke(KeyStoreManager.kt:100)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opcua.ClientOpcUaKeyStore$Companion.invoke$default(KeyStoreManager.kt:97)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opcua.OpcUaModule.setup(OpcUaModule.kt:155)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opcua.OpcUaModuleHook.setup(OpcUaModuleHook.kt)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl$LoadedModule.setup(ModuleManagerImpl.java:2327)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl.setup(ModuleManagerImpl.java:376)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.IgnitionGateway.startupInternal(IgnitionGateway.java:1019)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.RedundancyManagerImpl.startup(RedundancyManagerImpl.java:272)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.IgnitionGateway.initRedundancy(IgnitionGateway.java:664)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.IgnitionGateway.lambda$initInternal$0(IgnitionGateway.java:602)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$ThrowableCatchingRunnable.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:518)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Weird. What locale is the gateway system set to?

All the Regional sittings is English (United State), even tried to force National Numbers with the same result

I’m not sure the regional settings are enough to influence the locale Java thinks it’s in. I’m only going off docs here because I’m not really that familiar with Windows, but I think it the system/OS UI/display language its used to influence locale.

I think what’s going on here is that whatever locale Java thinks it’s in is a problem for the library function being called while creating a certificate.

I’ve tried new cloned VM with the same result so now I’ll try a new windows installation.

It looks like there’s an issue with locales with right-to-left languages.

If you can get the system/Java locale changed that would be the only workaround.

I’ll make a ticket to try and fix this on our side for 8.0.2 or 8.0.3.

Thank you for your reply
The OS UI is in English, I think I have to change the Java locale ,for now I will make a fresh windows installation and test it

I’ve installed a fresh Windows 7 with US regional settings from the start and everything went fine with me.

This specific issue is fixed in the latest nightly release, but there are still a couple of issue that were found during testing with Arabic numerals that we are still working on.

The primary remaining issue that might affect you occurs during the creation of the OPC UA self signed certificates.