[Bug-14020]Malfunction of dynamic alarm setpoint in UDT

We are using a UDT, which used to work perfectly in V7.9 but it doesn’t in V 8.0.2, where the alarm setpoints are linked to OPC tags of the UDT.

On the other hand we are missing the tab for adding UDT tags that was available in V7.9 but doesn’t exist in V8.

Can anyone give us a hand with this issue? for us it’s critical.

In 8.0.2 a bug was introduced that removed this from being seen and you are required to manually type the path to the tag and property. We know this isn’t a good scenario and will be resolved in 8.0.3. We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,
Garth

I had the same problem. I was able to add the alarm successfully by typing the path manually. However, these manually added alarms are behaving different. These get activated but do not clear when the value return to normal state. Keep showing as active alarms. The problem is only happening with the two new alarms I added manually in the UDT. The existing 4 dynamic alarms that were previously created using the UDT tab still work fine.

I’m having the exact same issue. I thought I was going crazy. I have the nightly 8.03 build installed (8.03-b20190711) but this issue isn’t resolved. Is there a date for when this will be resolved?

This issue was fixed in the 8.0.4 nightly build that was uploaded today (7/25).

I am resurecting this because I am having this exact issue on 8.1.18 but it seems to be more of a designer issue now.
If using the binding window and using the UDT memory tag from the Tag window it fills :
[.]HighSP

However if using the expression menu and selecting the tag through the browser on the right it adds
{[.]HighSP}

Which DOES work but is very confusing and caused a lot of confusion.