[BUG-14867] Perspective Table Column/Row Freezing

In Ignition 8.0.0, I could freeze columns or rows of tables in Perspective by holding ALT and double-clicking the column header or row. This is, in fact, documented here, under “User Interaction”:

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC80/Perspective+-+Table

We are currently running Ignition 8.0.2 and this functionality seems to be missing. Has anyone seen similar behavior? Is this a known bug in Ignition 8.0.2?

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. The table component went through some major architectural refactoring to make way for the Alarm Status Table and quite a few feature requests. During this refactor, the freezing of table column and rows was classified as a low priority item to be reintroduced at a later date. You are the first since to bring it up. The task is currently sitting in our backlog to be worked on this week. I will update you as soon as it is reintroduced. Thanks!

-Yousuf

Thanks for the response, Yousuf!

Slightly related question - do you know if there was or will be a way to freeze specific columns/rows automatically (via scripting, perhaps) such that the user will not have to use the ALT + double-click combo every time they load the View that contains a table?

• Jeff
1 Like

Hi,

That’s a feature that’s been tossed around for a while. It’s very likely that we can make it happen. I will add it to the ticket.

-Yousuf

Are there any news on this missing feature? I run into the same issue and didn’t find a way to freeze a column in version 8.0.16. It is still in the documentation but it seems like there is no way to use it.

@ynejati Is there any update on column freezing feature?