[BUG-14887]PDF Viewer: Dialog Print doesn't work correctly

Good Afternoon.

In Ignition 8.0.3, in a PDF Viewer, in the second tab of the “Dialog Print”, always appears by default “Size: Letter” (“Carta” in spanish). The default value must be “A4”.

Also, on the first tab, the “Properties …” button does not work.

These problems do not occur in a “Report Viewer” (rigth button → Print). The default size is “A4” and the “Properties …” button works correctly:

Best Regards.

This is a known issue with a possible fix. See
http://forum.inductiveautomation.com/t/perspective-pdf-viewer-public-urls-supported-8-04-nightly-08-14-19/27452
The author of the similar post said that he changed the CORS config in AWS. There is a bit of reading involved for most of us to understand what Cross-Origin Resource Sharing blocks and what can be done to ‘fix’ those pesky Perspective and PDF related issues that rely on Printers settings matching the software through a dialog.
I am not certain of what result you might get, yet you may wish to talk to support starting with the policy section here ( no colon equals no emoji )
https://support.inductiveautomation.com

I’ve reproduced it internally and created a ticket to track this issue.

jlivingston, the issue occurs in Vision, not in Perspective.

Thank you.

Re: Vision- Thanks, you had not specified Vision until now. I am sorry for any confusion that this may cause. Vision seems to be closer to the older 7.9.12 designer than Perspective. I have been trying to keep track of the changes in PDFs and printing, and there was an issue at 7.9.12 which may still be active. Here are a couple of quotes (2) that may be of use- though the software has changed…
From Julio Bautista
So I spoke with support and they informed me that this is a bug caused by an embedded java version when launching a project/designer from the client launcher. On version 7.9.12 of Ignition there is a check box which you can disable this option or if working with an earlier version you may launch the JPL of the project.So I spoke with support and they informed me that this is a bug caused by an embedded java version when launching a project/designer from the client launcher. On version 7.9.12 of Ignition there is a check box which you can disable this option or if working with an earlier version you may launch the JPL of the project.
and from Okie PC
This did work to fix the problem. I went to the browser and used the Launch Project button to download the jnlp file for the project. Windows and Chrome tried several times to prevent me from saving that link, but once I started the project from it, all the print features work as expected. I then needed to set that link up for Windows 10 to use at startup (why does Windows move everything every time they release a new version?) So I had to google how to find the Windows 10 startup folder in order to make sure I could reboot the machine and get the client to launch…that all worked too.
-so-
Please let the rest of us know if the Java as in extent JNLP download works. Realize that there is a copy of embedded Java in version 8.0.3, so there may be some problem with duplication. In any event, the Quality Assurance Rep. osolorzano does see it as an issue, and verified it as a known issue. You may not wish to spend a lot of time trying, as this forum thread is now labelled Bug 14887.