[bug-1498]Perspective module loads and runs on 8.1.0 but fails to run on 8.1.1

I have a module that builds, loads and runs on 8.1.0.
However, the same module will not start on 8.1.1

ext.sdk_version = “8.1.0”
requiredIgnitionVersion “8.1.0”
requiredFrameworkVersion “8”

I have tried changing requiredIgnitionVersion to 8.1.1
it still fails to load.
any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Caused by: java.util.MissingFormatArgumentException: Format specifier '%s'
	at java.base/java.util.Formatter.format(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.Formatter.format(Unknown Source)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.util.LoggerEx.createMessage(LoggerEx.java:187)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.util.LoggerEx.warnf(LoggerEx.java:287)
	at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.common.api.ComponentRegistry.registerComponent(ComponentRegistry.java:83)
	at com.faker.gateway.fakeName.startup(fakeName.java:38)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl$LoadedModule.startup(ModuleManagerImpl.java:2433)
	... 16 more

So, the good news: The exception being thrown isn’t your fault, it’s a logger message from our end that’s malformed (whoops). The message that it’s failing to log is indicating that you’re trying to register a component ID that was already registered:

if (componentRegistry.get(comp.id()) != null) {
            log.warnf(
                "Component '%s' already registered. Registration will proceed and overwrite existing definition."
            );
        }

Do you have two modules built from the samples installed? Have you changed your component IDs from the defaults in the module?

Its a single module.
I haven’t changed anything.
the module builds successfully

I have 8.1.0 on server A
module installs and loads and works

I have 8.1.1 on server B
module installs however fails to load/ start.

Well, I can guarantee that the issue is that two components are attempting to load with the same ID. Have you restarted your gateway?

To trouble shoot I downloaded the trial versions of both 8.1.0 and 8.1.1 and installed them other older computers. Installed only the default modules and the one I am working on. The issue still persists

@PGriffith How does one resolve the issue that two components have the same ID?

You’ll need to change the code so that each component you’re attempting to load has a unique ID - notice how each component in our module example has a distinct ID:

I double checked all my component_ID names. none are the same. If that were the issue, wouldn’t the module fail to load on 8.1.0?

I may have explained it wrong
Sever A has 8.1.0
Server B has 8.1.1

the module will run correctly on Server A
the same module fails to load on Server B

Can you PM me the module, built or source?

I should be able to. Let me get clearance from my boss.