[BUG-15165] 8.0.5 RC1 upgrade - Structure contains invalid parent data types on all Tag instances

We were on 8.0.4 and upgraded to 8.0.5 RC1 and non of our tags work and have, bad - configuration errors. When I go into the tag instances, they all have the error: “Structure contains invalid parent data types.” Any ideas of what happened?

0 Likes

Can you export the tags from 8.0.5 and post it here? Maybe in a PM. Also, if you had a tag export of the tags in 8.0.4, it would be really useful and allow us to troubleshoot whatever happened during the upgrade.

0 Likes

It looks like what you hit is specific to 8.0.5. In your case, you have some OPC items paths being built out of UDT parameters. You are using parameters in a composite UDT (where a top-level UDT definition contains an instance of a different UDT). For whatever reason, the top-level parameters are coming in as null on the OPC tag trying to use them. I filed a ticket to get this fixed, as something definitely broke between 8.0.4 and 8.0.5.

1 Like

This is fixed in the stable release of 8.0.5 that was released yesterday (10/16)

0 Likes

Ignition 8.0.5 (final release)
@awalker, @mgross

I still have this message for some binding with udt parameter.

OpcItemPath is not computed:

Restarting the tag has no effect.

0 Likes

I can confirm that upgrading to 8.0.5 stable has fixed our issue in the original posting.

0 Likes