[bug-15295]system.dataset.appendDataset converting "null" values to 0

In my application I need to have null values in a dataset column (of type double). This dataset comprised of several other combined datasets (with identical column formats). I have verified that each of the individual datasets correctly have the null values in them but once they are combined using system.dataset.appendDataset, only the data from the first dataset retains its null values. The rest of the data (from the appended datasets) have the null values converted to 0 (this is bad as the values may not actually be 0 at that time).

Has anyone else seen this? Is this a bug?

I am using version 7.9.10

Sounds like a bug.

Thanks Phil! Do you by chance know the ‘official’ way to report possible bugs?

Uhm, support?

1 Like

Yep, it’s a bug. We’re using our never-returns-null coercion function. Whoops. One-line fix :slight_smile:

EDIT: I’ve filed the ticket, so no need to contact support.

1 Like

Thanks!

This issue was fixed in the 8.0.7 nightly build that was uploaded today (11/11).

Thank you. Will there be a solution released for 7.9?

We don’t currently plan to backport, and it’s missed the cutoff for 7.9.13 regardless. You could get in contact with support and they can file a ticket to request a backport, though it’ll probably be faster to just make a script to do it yourself - it’s not a very complex operation - basically just a few loops.