[bug-15415]How to go about finding the tag populating gateway logs with error

I looked at my logs today and found it filled with several pages with the same error on an expression tag. How do I go about figuring out which tag this is?

0 Likes

Weird that the logger is null too… Does the magnifying glass on the right have more info?

0 Likes

Log Properties
tag-provider default

0 Likes

Well… at least you know what tag provider to start looking in :laughing: :sob:

0 Likes

Is this 7.9 or 8.0?

0 Likes

If you click the logger name, is there any logger name before the null?

0 Likes

v7.9
The only other thing I see is it shows Expressions.null if I hover over the null

EDIT
It started just after midnight today, and stopped at 6:18am

0 Likes

If it’s not still happening it’s too late to find out what tag it was.

0 Likes

I guess I will just keep tabs on the logs and see if it starts again, then try to pinpoint it before it stops.

0 Likes

If it happens again, go to the logging area in the gateway and search for “Tags”. Turn the base logger to DEBUG level. This will turn all Tags.* loggers on and may be pretty spammy, but hopefully you’ll see something about an error executing this expression tag.

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s one of the get*(<date>) functions; I see the bug.

1 Like

Well, it won’t help much with where it’s coming from or why it stopped happening at 6:18…but the bug with the logger name being null will be fixed in 7.9.13 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Found it, it was a leased tag which is why it was in the logs only at certain times. I wrote a query tag that didn’t take into account the situation where no rows were returned, and it was in another expression tag which gave the error. Thanks for the bug fix

3 Likes