[Bug-15838]Perspective Popup Extends Beyond Specified Dimensions When Zoomed In While Using Safari

We seem to have found what appears to be a bug with the perspective popup where if you are zoomed in on a co-ordinate view, then click on an icon which brings up a pop up, the pop then goes a bit mad with scaling and becomes draggable. This is only happening on safari, (tested on osx and ios) using chrome the pop up will maintain non draggable through zooming in and zooming out. I have seen this thread that explains this will happen if any of the popup/modal is rendered off screen, however if seems to behave perfectly with chrome, and only does this on safari. Also, the modal is always rendered longer than the screen, and if you are not zoomed in on safari it also behaves perfectly then too.

The function to call the popup/modal is:

system.perspective.openPopup("MouseOver", "components/popUp", params={'line':path}, modal=True, overlayDismiss=True, draggable=False, position={'width':'95%', 'height':'95%'}, showCloseIcon = True)

I just attempted this on Safari (12.1.2 14607.3.9) and the Popup seems to be behaving as expected. Are you able to capture a video of the behavior you are seeing?

My steps:

First Iteration:

1. Create View @components/popUp (first iteration using default dimensions).
  2. Place Button in a View and paste posted script into a Script Action tied to the onActionPerformed Event.
  3. Save Project.
  4. Open Session in Safari and navigate to the View with my Button.
  5. Zoom in (twice).
  6. Click Button.
    Observed Behavior: Modal opens to 95% of width and height. Modal is not draggable.

Second iteration:

1. Create View @components/popUp (2000px width, 800 pixel height).
  2. Place Button in a View and paste posted script into a Script Action tied to the onActionPerformed Event.
  3. Save Project.
  4. Open Session in Safari and navigate to the View with my Button.
  5. Zoom in (twice).
  6. Click Button.
    Observed Behavior: Same behavior as before. Modal behaves as expected (is not draggable). Modal does not expand beyond 95% in either direction.

video has been sent, I think the step missed out though was zooming in, only on safari, once zoomed in does the modal create an issue. In the video pm’d to you, you can see that the modal still misbehaves once zoomed back out.

Obviously this isn’t much of an issue on OSX, but on IOS it does cause quite a bit of confusion

this is on 8.0.7 :slight_smile:

Apologies, I forgot to declare that zoom step, although I did indeed zoom in while testing. I believe your problem is stemming from the fact that the Chart/graph is not allowing the Popup to have its size specified, but I will continue to look into this. Is there any chance you could send me the Popup View you’re using?

Doesn’t look like the chart is the reason…

Yeah I was just about to send a video of it doing it with a blank view, if needed I can send it still and an export of the views

I don’t think I need the video because I can clearly see it happening in the one you already sent me. The Views used would be nice.

sent :+1:

I’ve been unable to successfully replicate this on my end. I’m still going to open an internal ticket to investigate it because I can clearly see the behavior you’re describing in the videos you’ve supplied, but I can’t offer any explanation as to why it’s happening at this time, nor can I recommend a workaround. There is an open ticket already to change the behavior when a Popup/Modal is too big for the screen which would remove the drag handles, but that ticket has not had movement in quite some time.

1 Like

I’m hitting a similar issue on an iPad that I’m using in portrait mode, with a simple popup (coord container) containing a table.

EDIT: I’m not using zoom at all however.

The popup width is slightly larger than the viewport width in portrait mode, and the popup is draggable even if it’s not supposed to (disabled in popup action) and the whole page sometimes gets dragged with it. I can’t click on the table filter textbox, and neither on the rows button at the bottom of it.

The workaround is pretty simple in my case, reduce the width of the popup so that it fits within the viewport width, and then everything works normally.