Ran into a weird issue upgrading from 7.9.12 to 8.0.7. During the upgrade we selected the option to disable all resources. This disabled the new “global” project as expected. After re-enabling the “global” project we still had an issue with tag runscript() expressions failing. I checked the gateway and the “Gateway Scripting Project” was correctly set to “global”. Checked a number of other things and wasn’t having any luck. Finally went back to the “Gateway Scripting Project” setting, cleared it, saved, and then re-entered “global” and saved. Soon as I did this all the tag runscript() expressions started running properly. I’m guessing a gateway restart would have fixed this too after enabling the global project, but definitely wasn’t an obvious problem to track down.
Thanks for the report, I’ve filed a ticket.
The core issue reported here is fixed in 8.0.10. There’s a related issue (the ‘gateway scripting project’ setting doesn’t really pay attention to whether the project is enabled or not) that will be fixed separately at a later date.