[BUG-16081]Random Exception error when working on Designer

Hi,

I’m having the exception message below in the console of my ignition designer when working with perspective, it’s appearing randomly.
I’m not getting the meaning of this error. Is it something I should be worried about and does anybody got this exception? Is the way to correct this?

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.designer.workspace.ViewWorkspace$Actions.updateDeepSelectionToolbar(ViewWorkspace.java:654)
    at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.util.EDTUtil$ProcessQueue.run(EDTUtil.java:127)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I’m on Ignition 8.0.9 and using Perspective module

Thanks in advance!

It looks like a bug stemming from the new coordinate container alignment buttons in the toolbar that were added as part of 8.0.9. This is not something you need to worry about as it doesn’t cause any actual issues, but I will go ahead and get this written up to be fixed. It happens when closing a view in the designer while deep selected into any container that is not a coordinate container.

Alright, thank you for the answer.