[Bug-16095] Transparent Components rendering issue

We are working with a few different components and trying to set their background as transparent. Issue is when we interact with the components from client side some artifacts appear in the background of the component.

So far we have experienced this with Equipment Schedule and Text Box components.

Any suggestions?

This is a known issue with transparency on some components in Ignition 8. Until it is fixed, repainting as discussed in the linked thread is a possible workaround.

Can you attach a window export that contains this component? It looks like the issue is with the Text Fields that are overlaying the Equipment Schedule component, but I want to make sure there isn’t an issue with the Equipment Schedule itself.

test_2020-02-26_1413.zip (7.6 KB)

Attached!

Thanks, I’ve added a ticket for this issue. It seems closely related to the issue mentioned in the linked thread, but manifests itself slightly differently. In the meantime, you can work around this issue by adding the following script to the propertyChange event handler of your Equipment Schedule:

if event.propertyName == 'startDate' or event.propertyName == 'endDate':
	event.source.repaint()

I’ll try that, thanks!