[BUG-2027] Perspective slow performance in Designer

I have a view (Main View) that features a total of seven Flex Repeater components with 12 instances in each that are all referencing the same view (Secondary View). The client interface loads on a web browser in just a few seconds, but when I open the Main View in the designer, the designer completely locks up for a long time. I timed it today and it took 3 minutes and 40 seconds for the view to finish loading and for the designer to respond to any commands.

What version of Ignition?

We are currently operating on 8.1.2.

@jason_wellman any chance you could get the relevant views into a state where youā€™d be comfortable exporting them and sharing them with us so that we can put them under the microscope, so to speak? Iā€™d like to better understand whatā€™s going on here.

Yep, can't make a P&ID screen without embedded views. I'm pretty sure most are only single-depth nesting though (I.e. main View -> embedded view, not main View -> embedded view -> embedded view)

Also, I try not to use runScript or script transforms at all if I can avoid it

• Align component edges almost works but leaves some edges not aligned

Please provide some examples of this so that we may address the issue.

• Whenever you copy and paste a component it puts it perfectly on the source component, not where your mouse tip is like in vision

For reference, the paste option via the right-click context menu will paste the component at the pointers location. Pasting via ctrl-v will paste the component directly on top of the copied component.

• When copy/pasting multiple components and then adjusting their position all at once, you do something and the movement happens many seconds later.

You are likely encountering the same performance issue, which we are currently addressing.

1 Like

I appreciate your prompt feedback! I would have to go through legal first, which is a process I would prefer to avoid unless absolutely necessary.

1 Like

Understood. Well, if you have a chance to create a ā€œsanitizedā€ reproduction cleaned of anything proprietary, let us know.

Just wanted to let folks know weā€™ve made significant improvements to many aspects of Perspectiveā€™s performance in the Designer. There is still more coming, but Iā€™d be interested to see how the performance feels in version 8.1.9 in everyoneā€™s real-world scenarios.

8 Likes

Very much looking forward to upgrading to 8.1.12 when it comes out. Unfortunately this site is still stuck on 8.1.5ā€¦ And iā€™m struggling to maintain my sanity on this P&ID layout iā€™m working on :cold_sweat:

Edit:
I rebooted and killed all the processes I didnā€™t think I needed, and itā€™s actually quite fast now. Maybe I just need to uninstall a whole bunch of applications insteadā€¦

1 Like