[bug-3893]Message Handler null in ScriptConfig during project save

Gateway script MessageHandlerException, project 'Project6', message handler 'threadHandler': com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.message.MessageHandlerException: MessageHandlerManager is null in ScriptConfig!

This error occurs when a message is sent at the same that the project containing the destination message handler is saved. I assume because the save process is to recreate the message handler, AKA, delete and create. For message handlers that are processing many requests per second, this causes the problem that events are missed. Is there any way to queue these messages and send them once the message handler is successfully recreated?

Thanks for the report. I can see how this happens in the code, and while it’ll be tricky, I filed a ticket to see if there’s something we can do to avoid this or handle it better.

What is actually causing this error? I am getting it when trying to execute a call to a message handler, but i am calling it from a project different to that where the message handler is defined.