[Bug-5307] Restore from backup, provided batch files don't work

I have installed an Ignition gateway on my desktop for testing. I performed a fresh install of version 8.1.5 and restored a gateway backup of our Development gateway (also 8.1.5), selecting ‘Restore Disabled’ as I did. The restore works fine. I’m able to log in to the gateway webpage and open the designer as I would expect. When I try to run any of the batch files in C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition, however they fail with this error:

wrapperm | The "wrapper.java.command" property was redefined on line #46 of configuration file: C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\ignition.conf
wrapperm |   Old Value wrapper.java.command=lib/runtime/jre-win/bin/java
wrapperm |   New Value wrapper.java.command=%JAVA_HOME%/bin/java
wrapperm | The IgnitionDev service is not installed - The specified service does not exist as an installed service. (0x424)
Press any key to continue . . .

When I installed the gateway, I used the default service name of Ignition, compared to the service name IgnitionDev used on the gateway I took a backup from. This may be the cause of the last line.

Is there a way to make these batch files work? I can stop the gateway service through task manager, but I’m uncertain how I can restart the service later if I can’t get the batch files working.

Thanks,

Zach

Still curious about this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The service name doesn’t match. You will have to update the data/ignition.conf file’s line for wrapper.name=IgnitionDev back to wrapper.name=Ignition yourself. Also, remove the wrapper.java.command=%JAVA_HOME%/bin/java line from the ignition.conf. As far as the warning for wrapper.java.command that was fixed in a later version. There is already a ticket open for the restore changing the service name. Ill add this post to the ticket

wrapper.java.command=%JAVA_HOME%/bin/java shows up in two places in Ignition.conf. Do I remove both lines?

Ignition.conf lines 38-49

#********************************************************************
# Wrapper Java Properties
#********************************************************************
# Java Application
#  Locate the java binary on the system PATH:
wrapper.java.command=%JAVA_HOME%/bin/java
#  Specify a specific java binary:
set.JAVA_HOME=lib/runtime/jre-win
wrapper.java.command=%JAVA_HOME%/bin/java

# Tell the Wrapper to log the full generated Java command line.
#wrapper.java.command.loglevel=INFO

No just one. Go ahead and remove that first one.