[BUG-7995] 8.1.29 Horizontal Menu

Why did my menu's change in 8.1.29? How do I get them back to the way they were?

New Menu:

Old Menu:

1 Like

Back to what?

Add the Perspective tag to your question to attract the right experts.

Thanks, I made some edits to the original post.

One idea: had you edited the default theme files on your pre-update gateway? I believe these are overridden during updates, and CSS in them could have changed the look of the menus.

1 Like

I am fairly certain this changed in 8.1.29. We were not using custom CSS and now sub items do not drop down vertically like they did before.

I'm not using any custom CSS on that system either. Guess I need to log a support ticket and find out what is going on.

Thanks

I've created a ticket. Will report any findings here.

I reported this to our Perspective team internally and they've confirmed it's a regression.

2 Likes

as an interim workaround, try this and let me know if it works.

Using the Stylesheet resource, add this style
.ia_horizontalMenuComponent__modal > div > div { display: block !important; }

7 Likes

I was having the same issue and this worked for me :+1: :+1:

I have also confirmed that this does indeed work. Thanks.

as an interim workaround, try this and let me know if it works.

+1 for now working. Thanks!

I also found this bug today and it took me a while to find this bug post, but glad I did.
I have a 2 tiered horizontal menu and after the style sheet addition it still does not quite look the same as before v8.1.29. Its good enough to keep the functionality the same but I need to do additional tweaks to get it to look exactly like how it was before my gateway upgrade.
HorizontalMenuBug

Just got a note today for 8.1.31. It says it has a fix for this in there as well. Not sure if they just applied the same style update.