[bug-831]Unable to use group tags in named queries (transaction groups)

Hi, I’m using Ignition 8.1 RC1.

I’m trying to create a transaction group that will write to the DB based on a trigger from the PLC. I can’t find a way to use group tags in named queries, it will only allow tags from the tag provider (Image 1). But if I were to use the “SQL Query” option instead (Image 2), it will let me use the group tags. See picture below.

Image 1

Image 2

Is it a bug or is it a design limitation?

I mean, there’s a workaround, I can create a stored procedure in the DB but I’d rather use a built-in feature that is intended for this.

I would appreciate some support on it.

I would classify this as a bug - and have filed it as such.

Just following up to see if this is still an open bug or if there is a reason for not allowing the functionality. I am on 8.1.15 and trying to convert old code that used “executeScalarQuery” to named queries.

Is there a suggested work around or a direction someone can point me in regarding how to handle using data read from the Basic OPC/Group Items of a transaction group as parameters for a named query in a Triggered Expression?

It’s still a bug, just hasn’t been picked up yet to be fixed.

There’s nothing preventing you from doing it, as I understand it - the UI just doesn’t make it easy for you. You should be able to pass {[~]NameOfGroupTag} as a parameter binding.