[BUG] Can not go back to install path in installer

When the installer is run, the second step is the “Installation Directory”, after you go past this then try to click back you will never be brought back to the installation directory dialog again. You must close and reopen the installer to see or modify the installation directory again.

I also question that the uninstaller is doing anything, it instantly removes Ignition from the Programs and Features pane however the service and all the files remain there, the service will continue to run.

Ignition 8.0.0 Beta installer downloaded 1/17/2019
OS Windows Server 2012 Datacenter

Ok, so tried on Windows 7 Enterprise and the installer doesn’t have that bug and Ignition uninstalls properly.

So going back to the Windows Server 2012 machine, I finally stumbled on the uninstaller located in the installation directory, this got things working again, no longer have the issue with the installer directory selection.

I do know the last time I attempted to uninstall the Ignition service was running, I don’t know if that had anything to do with it.

Anyhoo crisis averted. Thanks.

@jhottell this is definitely unusual. I’ll double check, but I’m pretty sure Server 2012 is one of the versions QA tests on fairly regularly, and I’m not aware of any such issues with uninstalling.

It’s probably too late now, but by any chance could you scan Windows’ event logs (https://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-use-event-viewer-in-windows-10/) and see if there’s anything unusual when you first tried the uninstall?

I haven’t been able to recreate so lets assume it was a wierd fluke or fixed now. Thanks a bunch

1 Like