I have a video of this in action, but my video editing skills to blur out the sensitive bits aren't so great, so I'm using screenshots for now.
1. The behavior you unexpectedly encountered - When a Dock is set to "Cover" mode it switches to use "Push" Mode when viewing pages that have a URL Parameter.
2. The behavior you were expecting to see - When set to cover mode the dock uses cover mode 100% of the time
3. A list of the steps you took that exposed the issue - Created a page with a URL parameter for a Tank, so it could be passed a Tank number /StoreArea/Tank/Tank_Num, and configured the page. When I started testing everything I noticed that if I open the dock while on the URL Parameter page (regardless of what parameter is passed in) the Dock switches to "Push" Mode. As soon as I navigate away from the URL Parameter page, it reverts back to "Cover" I have not had the time to try and recreate this from the ground up in a simple proof of concept project.
4. A list of helpful information about the situation you were in:
- Server OS: Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2
- Ignition Version: 8.1.25 was the inital version I saw the issue on, I upgraded to 8.1.31 and the problem remained.
- Tested Client in Firefox 116.0.3, Chrome 116.0.5845.111, and MS Edge 116.0.1938.62 on Windows 11
- Tested Client in Chrome 116.0.5845.111 on Windows 10 (Ignition server machine)
- Tested Client in Firefox 116.0.3, and Chromium 116.0.5845.96 on Arch Linux
Attached are screenshots of the issue.