Steps to reproduce:
- Open a project in Designer.
- In the Project Browser, use “Ctrl” to select 2 or more windows and 2 or more templates.
- Right-click the template and click “Export”.
- In the export window, notice that both templates from the project browser are selected but none of the windows.
- Note it’s the same behavior if you Right-click a window and click “Export”; all the windows stay selected but none of the templates.
My team exports relatively infrequently and not everyone realizes/remembers this behavior (it’s not obvious when the Export window has hundreds of entries and the un-checked windows aren’t in view). But over the years I keep seeing our standard references missing necessary windows/templates.
E.g. our SharePoint-hosted standard reference for a Keyence barcode reader will include some documentation, an export of the PLC instruction, and a *.proj and *.xml file for the Ignition windows, templates, and tags. But the *.proj will only include the popup windows to configure the barcode reader, and none of the regular templates.