[BUG] Ignition 8.0.13 tag managed changes generate duplicate folders

I have created modules with the SDK exposing some managed tags.
Until Ignition 8.0.12 all worked fine.
I have upgraded in Ignition 8.0.13 and I have the followng message:

Instead of having tags in my folder, I have multiple forder with a “duplicate” postfix ?

this.provider.configureTag("PATH/TO/MYTAG", DataType.String);

Hi,

Is the “macroCommands” folder created implicitly, like you’re calling configureTag(“macro/macroCommands/MyTag”), and it’s creating those?

Also, if this is your own managed tag provider, what are your settings in the ProviderConfig for PersistTags, PersistValues, etc?

I’ll try to get it mocked up. The “duplicate” postfix is something that now happens when there are multiple definitions that would map to the same name- in the past, only one of the clashing nodes would be used. My guess is that since it’s a folder, the one folder would be used- the duplicate issue was more significant when they were actual tag definitions. For some reason, in this case, it appears to be creating duplicate nodes instead of finding the existing one. I’ll try to look into it.

yes it’s my own provider.

macroCommands folder was created implicitly.

settings are the followings

public Provider(GatewayContext context) {
        this.gatewayContext = context;

ProviderConfiguration configuration = new ProviderConfiguration(PROVIDER_NAME);

// Needed to allow tag configuration to be editable. Comment this out to disable tag configuration editing.
        configuration.setAllowTagCustomization(true);

// Ne pas autoriser à supprimer des tags depuis le designer
        configuration.setAllowTagDeletion(false);
        configuration.setPersistTags(false);
        configuration.setPersistValues(false);

this.ourProvider = gatewayContext.getTagManager().getOrCreateManagedProvider(configuration);

// Supprime tous les tags et sous-dossiers
        // Tous est recrée
        this.ourProvider.removeTag(ROOT);
    }

Once you start the provider, you see no tags, correct? And then you create the tags by simply calling updateValue, or do you call configureTag first?

I couldn’t replicate it with a quick test, so I must be missing some specific operation. I’ll keep trying through.

I send you the whole module by PM

Has this issue been fixed? We are running 8.0.15 and when we restart the gateway service we see duplicate tags and duplicate tag folders some times. We are using a script to call system.tag.configure with the default collisionPolicy setting of override.

I see this in the console after a service stop/start

I want to follow up again on this, has it been fixed or any other information come available? I have a system running 8.1.0 and I’m seeing duplicate folders inside the [System]Gateway/Devices folder, which is all auto-generated tags.