[BUG] Imported screens prevents saving (Error writing to server)

A lot of Vision windows from my Ignition 7.9 project cant be saved in 8.0. The windows import and can edit them but every time I click save the little "Connection Restored" box notification flies in from the bottom, anything you do after this is never saved, quitting the designer and coming back in the windows and changes will not be there. The same thing happens if I upgrade the 7.9 project with the 8.0 installer you can never save anything in the designer.

The designer console shows:

[AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.IgnitionDesigner - Error reading updated project from Gateway.
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Error writing to server
... and
[PDT-Task-runner] WARN com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayConnectionManager - Connection to Gateway lost, due to exception.
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Error writing to server

Windows Server 2012R2
Beta version downloaded 11/30/2018

Attached is a single screen that causes the error every time I try to import it.
VOTickets.proj (161.5 KB)

I have attempted to duplicate this issue and am not currently having success. Would it be possible to give me some additional information:

1. OS Gateway is running on
  2. OS Designer is running on
  3. How you are importing the project (assuming through the Designer, but can be done via Gateway itself)
  4. If done through the Designer, was other work done before the import was started? If so, what was it?
  5. If you attempt to save immediately after import, are you successful?
  6. What changes were made to the project when you attempted to save it?
  7. Can you save a project that you manually created?

Hopefully this will narrow down a scenario that might allow me to duplicate the issue.

Thanks,
Garth