Bug (?) in Array of Objects when duplicating

Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask about something I detected today and it feels like it might be a bug.

I have some custom session properties which I’ve arranged as as Array of Objects.

If I duplicate one of the objects in the middle of the list it does something weird:

1. It duplicates the object correctly and inserts it in the correct place, BUT
  2. It shifts the bindings on all subsequent objects, so that it ends up looking like this:

Pre-duplicate: [obj1-bindingX, obj2-bindingY,obj3-bindingZ] and then duplicate obj2 it does the following:
Post-duplicate: [obj1-bindingX, obj2-bindingY, obj2Dup-bindingZ,obj3-NOBINDING]

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I wanted to point it out somewhere in case it hasn’t been reported.

/Roberto

PS. This is happening on Ignition 8.1.0 LTS

Not a bug. You are trying to do something that isn’t supported by the binding system. Bindings inside arrays are locked to the array subscript they are created with. At runtime, insertion isn’t expected to ever work with shifted bindings. There are discussions on this forum on this subject: IA hasn’t been very enthusiastic about supporting auto-shifting bindings in the designer.

I see… well, it’s good to know what the case is regardless.

Thanks for the reply pturmel!