[BUG] mouseClicked event not firing on Template Instance when adding toolTipText in a Template

Not sure if I am the only one experiencing this, but I have some shared templates of icons (like an icon for Add, Save, Close, Delete…etc.) to act as buttons on our user interface. These templates contain a group of Path objects (no container). When I use these templates on a window and add scripting to them (scripting is not inside the template itself, only on the instance), the mouseClicked event handler of the instance never fires if I have a Mouseover Text (toolTipText) property set at the root of the template or even on the group. It will fire if I move the Mouseover Text to the template instance on a window. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Java Swing.
The tooltip handling ‘consumes’ the mouse event(s), so the other handlers never get an opportunity to fire.

If you get in contact with support, this might be something we can refine, but generally speaking if you want to implement custom mouse event handling, the easiest thing to do is give up on tooltips, unsatisfactory as that answer is.

Paul, thanks for the clarification.