[BUG] Numeric Text Field's animated box while writing value doesn't work

Hi All,
I have a Numeric text field's Maximum and Minimum properties when are binded with any property or tag for getting values from them, the numeric text field while writing the value to the tag doesn't show the animated box around it which denotes that it is writing the value. The tag value does gets changed if it is within bounds but no animation box around numeric text field.

Tag properties don't generate any animation because there is nowhere else Ignition needs to send them when they are written. When you write to an OPC tag value, it has to be passed down to the PLC, and confirmation received. That is what the animation is for. Other tag properties don't have that, so no animation.

Hi Phil,
Thank you for the response. I agree with you that the animation is for OPC tags and it helps to denote the confirmation of value being written to a tag. So, in my scenario, I am writing a value to an OPC tag. There are 2 situations now:

Situation 1: I am writing a value to an OPC tag which has max and min bounds on it which are static values. When I write the value to this OPC tag, I can see that confirmation animation. This is perfect and exactly how I believe it should work.

Situation 2: I am writing a value to the same OPC, let's call it 'OPC Tag 1' but now the max and min bounds I have, are getting their values from another OPC tag, let's call it 'OPC Tag 2' and OPC Tag 3. When I write value to my OPC Tag 1, I Don't see the animated confirmation box. This situation is what I'm concerned about.

How did you do that? (You cannot bind general tag properties to other tags. Only to UDT params, and then only in UDTs.)

Run tag diagnostics on tag #1.

Hi Phil,
The max and min bounds are on the numeric text field through which I am changing the value of Tag 1.

Ah, I see. Sounds like a bug. You should report this to support.

How to do that?

Go to IA's main site, pick "Support" => "Help Center" and create a ticket.

Awesome. Thanks Phil