[BUG] Projects lost default DB/AP/TP

Updating to the latest nightly build today and my projects were acting weird. Traced it to the project properties. The default user source, tag provider and database connection had all reset to default. Now when I try to change the defaults to what they should be, I get the attached error.

This of course makes the projects verrrrrrrry broken.

1 Like

Can’t change these properties from within the designer either…

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.project.ProjectPushException: MODIFY illegal, signature mismatch ResourceSignature{resourceId=ProjectResourceId{resourcePath=ignition/global-props, projectName=JWE2_CreatureMasterController}, signature=ff4a07536218b75f0f1b7594573d990de55db1ebcc33afb957bf424d483388bc} != ResourceSignature{resourceId=ProjectResourceId{resourcePath=ignition/global-props, projectName=JWE2_CreatureMasterController}, signature=121f1c453816624af318f11823b2221e5e6f5dad19160adbb3e765af391c0637}’

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.BaseProjectManager.push(BaseProjectManager.java:375)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.web.pages.config.routes.ProjectRoutes.editProject(ProjectRoutes.java:507)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.web.pages.config.routes.ProjectRoutes.lambda$mount$2(ProjectRoutes.java:158)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.dataroutes.Route.service(Route.java:247)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.dataroutes.RouteGroupImpl.service(RouteGroupImpl.java:49)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.dataroutes.DataServlet.service(DataServlet.java:87)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:852)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:535)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:190)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1595)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:188)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1253)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:168)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:473)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1564)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:166)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1155)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132)

at org.eclipse.jetty.rewrite.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:335)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:61)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:126)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:530)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:347)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:256)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:279)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:102)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$2.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:124)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:247)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.produce(EatWhatYouKill.java:140)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:131)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:382)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:708)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:626)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

workaround… backup, delete, restore all projects on gateway…

Yikes. Is the backup in a state where this is reproducible? If you can get that to us it’ll really help us figure out what’s going on.

Hi Carl, I cant send you the gateway but can offer more details. It happened on both of the gateways I updated so I consider it pretty reproducible.

I updated from the nightly release downloaded on 12th Feb to 5th March. So by my expert power of deduction that’s the 8th Feb and 1st March builds based on time I downloaded the files.

On each gateway there was a resource project… inherited by another project. The resource projects restored fine. The other projects both had defined (not the default supplied) authentication profiles (database type), tag providers and audit profiles. Each had a database connection (postgres) and OPC connection to Beckhoff OPCUA installed on TwinCAT 3 on the local machines.

The default authentication profile, tag provider and audit log defaults were all reset to default or in the case of the tag provider, where the original default doesn’t exist… they defaulted to the first instance based on alphabetical order which happened to be the wrong one.

The database connection reset to ‘none’.

Hi Josh, we haven’t been able to reproduce this behavior with upgrading from any of the latest builds. Have you seen this again since the original upgrade?

I haven’t seen this problem again and i’ve updated a few times in recent weeks

2 Likes