[BUG] 'Repeat errors of this type will be logged as 'debug' messages' not working

The log message for event script errors says:

Error executing global timer script: TestProject1/test @1.000ms . Repeat errors of this type will be logged as 'debug' messages.

Despite this message, a script error is continously logged as ERROR.

Ignition Version 8.0.0-beta0 (b2019011802)

Hi Chi

To provide you with the help you need I will have to get some additional information from you.

1. It seems like you are using a Gateway Timer Script which is in a standalone projects is this correct?
    . I was able to get the Gateway Timer script to work on my Gateway without problems

2. Are you making the global project inheritable and using another project to use the script?

It would be helpful if you could provide me with a gateway backup of the project you are having problems with so I can investigate further.

Thanks
Anthony

Hi Anthony,

maybe i was a bit unclear in my post. I know the cause of the error message. The report is about the error being logged everytime the script is executed. In previous Ignition versions, a script error is logged only once with level ‘error’. The errors in following executions are logged on ‘debug’ level (as stated in the message).
I think the reason is to prevent a fast running script from spamming the log with error messages.

This looks like it’s been fixed in the newest build (not yet available via nightly, but will be out soon). Thanks for the report, and definitely comment here again if you can reproduce the issue once the nightlies are back on.

Hi Chi,

This should be fixed in the latest build. If you are still seeing this issue, please let us know.