[BUG-Resolved] Gateway Restore

1. The behavior you unexpectedly encountered - Gateway Not Running.
    When I tried to restore Gateway backup from existing gateway, it went through most of the motions but is currently stuck on this:

2. The behavior you were expecting to see - the gateway to restart as it has in the past when restoring a backup.

3. A list of the steps you took that exposed the issue:
    *From Configure>System Backup/Restore
    *Restore Tab
    *Selected file (file was from ignition v7.9.9, saved only moments before from gateway currently running on VM for plant operations)
    *Clicked “Restore”
    *Gateway shutdown, and then nothing…

4. A list of helpful information about the situation you were in, such as:
    Ignition version number 8.0.0-beta1
    Browser and version number Chrome Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Java version number (build 1.8.0_191-b12

Can you upload the wrapper.log file, in the installation directory/logs? https://support.inductiveautomation.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/119/0/obtaining-ignition-logs

Please see below:

wrapper.log (71.7 KB)

1 Like

INFO | jvm 2 | 2018/11/06 11:46:01 | I [Commissioning ] [17:46:01]: Commissioning State updated from commissioning to needs_commissioning

It looks like the backup restore didn't forward you into the commissioning page, but if you go to localhost:8088 (or possibly localhost:8088/welcome) you should be able to complete commissioning and get your gateway fully up and running.

When setting up the gateway initially, was the default port set to 8088 or 80? It looks like after restore, the backup used reset the port for Ignition to be used to port 80. If the port changed from 8088 to 80 after the restore, there isn’t a way we have found to force a redirect to the new port Ignition is listening on.

If you go to http://localhost you will be able to commision the gateway and continue using your deployed backup.

2 Likes

You sir are correct!

It was an oversight on my part, please delete this as it is definitely not a BUG.

2 Likes