[Bug-Resolved] No Designer button in browser, no gateway in designer launcher

The behavior you unexpectedly encountered -
No designer launch button in gateway browser
No Gateway connection when trying to launch through the designerlauncher.exe

The behavior you were expecting to see -
The designer to open

A list of the steps you took that exposed the issue - including your starting point.
-Doubleclick or otherwise open designerlauncher.exe
– click the ‘Add designer button’
— under the select a gateway screen, other gateways on the network “blink” into existence on the designerlauncher.exe then disappear.
— when I click the manually add gateway button, the window pops up for the http://host:port but the gateway URL is invalid and the button is never clickable.
-(No launch button to click in browser to try)
-Following the “[BUG] Designer is never actually launched” thread also.
-changed designerlauncher.exe logging level to trace (just shows my path and tells me to look here for future logging events)

A list of helpful information about the situation you were in, such as:
Ignition 8.0.0-beta1
Client and gateway java is build 1.8.0_191
Win10

Update: I used the IP for connection, although in a DHCP climate, that won’t fly.

Hi @brian.mills,

I am looking into the issues you describe. I believe I know what your issue is in the manually add gateway dialog and will have a fix in soon for it. Just to be sure, what is the address you are using the add gateway dialog?

Thanks,
Jonathan C

I was using a host name to attempt connection, but tried IP address and it worked. (PRO-MA-WD0098:8088 vs IP:8088)

1 Like

Hello, team I'm also facing a similar issue while trying to add the DNS to the designer, and even though I tried with IP, it is not taking.
What are the possible causes that we can have for this, I'm using the latest version of Ignition and the designer version is 1.1.19.
Please share your thoughts.

Sounds unrelated, since explicit IP address didn't work either. You should start a new topic and describe everything about your situation.

1 Like