[BUG] tolist() broken in 8.0.5

Updated an existing project from 8.0.4 to 8.0.5. All my scripts that used .tolist() broke and gave error “object has no type .tolist()”. For example, grabbing the data from a table and using .tolist() on it. Reverted back to 8.0.4 and everything worked again.

0 Likes

[BUG-15347] ObjectWrapper modification

Can you give us an example of code that broke? What were you calling tolist() on?

0 Likes

list = self.parent.parent.getChild(“Table”).props.data.tolist()

0 Likes

The document ‘wrapper’ objects got updated - this is unintentional fallout from that change. Rather than calling tolist(), you can just use the builtin list() function: list = list(self.parent.parent.getChild(“Table”).props.data) - but, with the improved wrappers in 8.0.5, you hopefully shouldn’t actually need to do that - most features of the list class should be implemented by the wrapper objects already.

1 Like

On 8.0.6, I’m having issues using list() to get the Widgets list converted to a json string for the DB.

If I grab the item directly I get all the ArrayWrappers and ObjectWrappers. Doing a list() only seems to remove the ArrayWrapper but leaves the ObjectWrapper internally

Any ideas?

0 Likes

Try this, in the meantime - I need to come up with a better way to handle conversion to json (or, our jsonEncode function needs to get better at encoding objects)

from com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common import TypeUtilities
jsonObject = TypeUtilities.pyToGson(<yourobject>)
print jsonObject
1 Like