[BUG?] Trend data with gaps after upgrade to 7.9.14

Since upgrading to version 7.9.14 from 7.9.5, a bit after 9AM this morning, I’m seeing very choppy trend data which was solid prior to the upgrade.

I don’t know it’s associated, but I’m also seeing the wrapper and online logs chockers full (all 6 log files are completely full with this same error within 4 minutes!!) of these errors:

E [S.S.HsqlDataStore             ] [05:43:51]: Error deserializing data from data store. 
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.alarming.journal.AlarmJournal$AlarmJournalSFData
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.resolveClass(Unknown Source)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.cluster.ModuleObjectInputStream.resolveClass(ModuleObjectInputStream.java:37)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.cluster.ClusterUtil.deserializeObject(ClusterUtil.java:96)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.cluster.ClusterUtil.deserializeObject(ClusterUtil.java:56)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.cluster.ClusterUtil.unzipAndDeserializeObject(ClusterUtil.java:90)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.stores.AbstractDatasourceStore.deserializeObject(AbstractDatasourceStore.java:492)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.stores.AbstractDatasourceStore.loadTransactions(AbstractDatasourceStore.java:565)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.stores.AbstractDatasourceStore.syncdTakeNext(AbstractDatasourceStore.java:508)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.stores.AbstractStore.takeNext(AbstractStore.java:215)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.stores.MultiStageStore.syncdTakeNext(MultiStageStore.java:165)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.stores.AbstractStore.takeNext(AbstractStore.java:215)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.forwarders.ForwarderThread.synchedTakeNext(ForwarderThread.java:204)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.forwarders.RedundancyAwareForwarder.synchedTakeNext(RedundancyAwareForwarder.java:68)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.forwarders.ForwarderThread.run(ForwarderThread.java:139)

Any ideas?

Probably not the cause of the charting errors, but can and should be fixed, otherwise it'll just keep happening. Disable S+F/just the disk cache on your DB connection(s), then delete (or move) the folder for that database connection - ${installDirectory}/data/datacache/${databaseName}/. Then re-enable S+F/the disk cache, and it should re-generate a clean cache without 'legacy' data in it.

That should clear the log spam to hopefully tell you what the actual problem is with your charts.

Awesome, thanks that fixed that spam. Now I’m getting AB driver spam :slight_smile:

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/06/16 07:56:31 | W [c.i.x.d.a.t.ABMicroLogixTransport] [22:26:31]: Error getting value from bytes=null 
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/06/16 07:56:31 | W [c.i.x.d.a.t.ABMicroLogixTransport] [22:26:31]: Error getting value from bytes=null 
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/06/16 07:56:31 | W [c.i.x.d.a.t.ABMicroLogixTransport] [22:26:31]: Error getting value from bytes=[0, 0] 
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/06/16 07:56:31 | W [c.i.x.d.a.t.ABMicroLogixTransport] [22:26:31]: Error getting value from bytes=[0, 0]