[BUG] Unable to deserialize resource

This has been posted 12 different ways, with 12 different errors and looking through I couldn't find my exact error except here where it was resolved with a restart but always restarting the designer multiple times is unbelievably annoying

In larger Perspective projects, every once in a while all views you try to open will give random errors about deserializing views.

Normally, you can resolve it by closing the designer and reopening it, sometimes you need to a few times, but eventually it will work again.

Currently the error I see the most is the following

Stacktrace
java.lang.IllegalStateException
	at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.deps.com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkState(Preconditions.java:492)
	at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.internal.CloseableImpl.checkNotClosed(CloseableImpl.java:34)
	at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.engine.internal.EngineImpl.newBrowser(EngineImpl.java:555)
	at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.designer.workspace.design.BrowserPanel.<init>(BrowserPanel.java:139)
	at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.designer.workspace.ViewResourceEditor.init(ViewResourceEditor.java:364)
	at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.designer.workspace.ViewResourceEditor.init(ViewResourceEditor.java:68)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.tabbedworkspace.ResourceEditor.loadResource(ResourceEditor.java:64)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.tabbedworkspace.ResourceEditor.<init>(ResourceEditor.java:39)
	at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.designer.workspace.ViewResourceEditor.<init>(ViewResourceEditor.java:130)
	at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.designer.workspace.ViewWorkspace.newResourceEditor(ViewWorkspace.java:347)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.tabbedworkspace.TabbedResourceWorkspace.open(TabbedResourceWorkspace.java:246)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.tabbedworkspace.ResourceNode.open(ResourceNode.java:126)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.navtree.model.AbstractResourceNavTreeNode.onDoubleClick(AbstractResourceNavTreeNode.java:361)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.navtree.NavTreePanel$MouseListener.lambda$mousePressed$0(NavTreePanel.java:687)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Ignition v8.1.17 (b2022051210)
Java: Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.15

Its mostly really annoying, I will go through and make sure all my view.json are valid json, so are the resource.json files, but it still randomly happens with all Perspective views (in my experience its only Perspective resources)

This isn't a big enough issue to make a ticket with support (because its also sporadic) but god is this one of the most annoying bugs to run into on a daily basis

This goes into the "hopefully upgrading JxBrowser makes it go away" pile. We're still working on it.

2 Likes

hey Paul. we are experiencing this issue, and I am wondering if there is any update on the status.

Currently we're testing whether we can upgrade JxBrowser in the client and designer, and leave Workstation for another day. Believe me, everyone at IA is as eager to get rid of this problem as you are :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks for the update!