Build 4594 x64 Linux Gateway will not start

Hi All,

I just downloaded the 4594 build of x64 Linux version of Ignition, and am encountering this error when I try to start it up. I had Build 4446 running without a problem by following the same steps in the README file (unless I missed something, but there’s not much to the setup). Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

[pmi@cgpmis2 ignition]$ ./ignition.sh start
Starting Ignition Gateway…
[pmi@cgpmis2 ignition]$ ./ignition.sh console
Running Ignition Gateway…
wrapper | --> Wrapper Started as Console
wrapper | Java Service Wrapper Standard Edition 64-bit 3.3.9
wrapper | Copyright © 1999-2009 Tanuki Software, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
wrapper | wrapper.tanukisoftware.org
wrapper | Licensed to Inductive Automation for Ignition Gateway
wrapper |
wrapper | Launching a JVM…
jvm 1 | WrapperManager: Initializing…
jvm 1 | WrapperManager:
jvm 1 | WrapperManager: WARNING - Unable to load the Wrapper’s native library because none of the
jvm 1 | WrapperManager: following files:
jvm 1 | WrapperManager: libwrapper-linux-x86-32.so
jvm 1 | WrapperManager: libwrapper.so
jvm 1 | WrapperManager: could be located on the following java.library.path:
jvm 1 | WrapperManager: /swpkg/ignition/./lib
jvm 1 | WrapperManager: Please see the documentation for the wrapper.java.library.path
jvm 1 | WrapperManager: configuration property.
jvm 1 | WrapperManager: System signals will not be handled correctly.
jvm 1 | WrapperManager:
jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp:
jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp: Encountered an error running main:
jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp: at com.inductiveautomation.catapult.Catapult.main(Catapult.java:78)
jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp: at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp: at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp: at org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperSimpleApp.run(WrapperSimpleApp.java:244)
jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp: at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp: Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp: at com.inductiveautomation.catapult.CatapultBase.buildContexts(CatapultBase.java:487)
jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp: at com.inductiveautomation.catapult.CatapultBase.startTomcat(CatapultBase.java:176)
jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp: at com.inductiveautomation.catapult.Catapult.main(Catapult.java:76)
jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp: … 6 more
wrapper | <-- Wrapper Stopped

What version of linux are you running?

Can you send the wrapper.log file to support@inductiveautomation.com please?

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the quick response. The linux guys in our department were able to fix it. Something about a problem with sftp in eclipse. I think maybe a lib file was lost in the transfer. Once I live down the “Dan can’t unzip and ftp a file” thrashing I’m taking from the admins, I’ll be good to move along with the setup.

Thanks again!

Dan

Glad to hear you guys got it working :wink:

Let us know if you’ve got any other questions!