Building "Recipes" in Ignition

Do you have anyone there that is familiar with the “Recipe Manager” in Wonderware Intouch?
(This will make my question far easier to understand.)

In my Intouch application I use a rather detailed “Recipe Manager” to download “Process Cycles” (recipes) to the PLC for the the operation of temperature “Ramps” and Soaks" for the Industrial Furnaces we build for “Heat Treating” certain types of steels. There several “Events” that are both digital and analog that are utilized during the “Ramp” and “Soak” segments of the program.

One window is used to write new “Process Cycles” for saving to the database or verify and edit existing “Process Cycles” before downloading to the PLC.
Another window is used for monitoring the operation of the “Process Cycle” in the PLC and maybe editing it also if necessary.

Can this be done in Ignition?

The editing and downloading of recipes and the monitoring (and maybe real time editing) of the running recipe can easily be achieved using standard Ignition tools. If you are having problems, post some more details about what you are trying to do.

Are you familiar with the Wonderware Intouch “Recipe Manager”?

No, but what you’re describing is a very standard problem which many people are using Ignition to solve in a very open and accessible way. You should give it a try!

Hi

You should watch the batching and recipes video from video library. It is done with factory SQL which was the bridge module in the factory PMI era before ignition but the concept is pretty much the same and it explains quite well how to write recipes from DB to PLC and vice versa. I am using ignition to manage recipes for machines. It loads approximately 20 parameters in a block group when a button is pressed on HMI. I developed a screen which allows editing of these values and writing to PLC when editing is done.

Aidan

[quote=“aidamcg”]Hi

You should watch the batching and recipes video from video library. It is done with factory SQL which was the bridge module in the factory PMI era before ignition but the concept is pretty much the same and it explains quite well how to write recipes from DB to PLC and vice versa. I am using ignition to manage recipes for machines. It loads approximately 20 parameters in a block group when a button is pressed on HMI. I developed a screen which allows editing of these values and writing to PLC when editing is done.

Aidan[/quote]

I will watch it…
Thanks!

The 2008 batching/recipe video from FactorySQL is located here:

inductiveautomation.com/videos/video/28/2

You can set up ways of “saving” or “uploading” recipes in the SQL database by triggering a write in either direction (PLC->DB or DB->PLC) using a custom WHERE clause that selects the row in your DB table. Each row represents a stored recipe.

Please remove the dead link