Bulk Edit of Property Bindings Using Python

I am needing to edit many indirect tag bindings on many windows in my project. I need to do this so that I can change the tag provider depending on the line being managed at the time.

Im am wondering if anyone is aware of a way to use the java objects for the properties to edit the indirect tag bindings in bulk with a python script. I have been looking at the DSK and I am able to find references to indirect tag binding object but I cannot make the connection to the property object.

Thanks

It is astonishingly complicated. But start with your window's interactionController property. It is a very deep rabbit hole.

Consider, as part of your effort, whether you manage to automate it or not, to rework all of your window and template indirection to start with a tagpath window or template parameter that provides the prefix in all indirect tag bindings. Such that all indirect tag bindings look something like this:

{1}/Something

Where {1} is attached to {Root Container.tagpath} or {SomeTemplate.tagpath}.

"Something" could include {2} or other elements, but always have {1} as shown.

Any nested template would have tagpath passed directly to it, or with something appended.

If you fix your architecture, you will never have to worry about tag provider indirect binding nuances again. Just supply the tag provider in the outermost tagpath parameter. Everything else will Just Work™.

(Do this in Perspective, too, when the time comes.)

2 Likes