Button in table cell does not work when row the selected

When I create a view with a single button and use that as the viewPath of a column in a table, I'm unable to press the button of the current row that is selected. It only works when I click the button of a cell that is not selected. Is there a workaround or something I am missing to get the button to work?

I've just created a new table, embedded a button view and attempted to reproduce the issue you are having. However, as you can see in the Output Console, multiple consecutive clicks of the same cell button are successfully firing the click event of that button:

I've attached the exported views, in case it helps you with troubleshooting. It includes scripting on the button and table to write data back to the table using a message handler.

Table Button Embed Example.zip (11.8 KB)

Hopefully this helps. Otherwise, we might need some screenshots on how you have setup the table and embedded view.

Are you on Ignition 8.1? I'm on 8.0 (unfortunately we won't update since 8.3 is around the corner) I can't get your view to print the same thing on my designer. My setup was the same and produced the same results.

I see. For some reason in v8.0, the row selection is blocking the button from being pressed. If you set it to false, that should fix the issue.

Otherwise, if you need the row selection, you can go to the root container inside your embedded view and set the z-index like so.

I think this is an unfounded reason to not update to 8.1.x for a few reasons - first of all, you'll probably need to update to 8.1.x first before you can move to 8.3 and second, 8.3 probably won't be production-ready until 2025 sometime...

There are many updates that happened since 8.0, including major security fixes. If the idea is to not upgrade because there is a cost associated with the support plan, this could be a near-sighted decision.

Just my 2 cents... I just like to read this forum carefully so I end up commenting on stuff nobody asked about :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks for your input. I should make it clear that the decision is not mine and it's upper management. We've asked and laid out the benefits but we're stuck until they say otherwise.

Thank you so much, I've been avoiding the interactive items in cells because of this issue but looks like even dropdowns work now too. I really appreciate it.

1 Like