Calling Dlls Within Ignition?

Hi All,

Is there any way to call a DLL within Ignition Python Scripting? I have an application that requires an interface to a company MES System and the company provides a DLL which allows for accessing their system. I’ve looked through the Python functions and cannot find anything that can do this? Any suggestions?

Thanks! :smiley:

No, you won’t be able to call out to a DLL without writing a custom Ignition module using the SDK.

You’d have to write native code that in turn used the provided DLL and exposed the necessary calls using JNI. Then you’d need an Ignition module that loaded your native code and added new scripting functions to Ignition that interacted with it.

Definitely not for the feint of heart…

Thanks Kevin. I’ll have to find another Method of accessing their MES System. Maybe they can expose some database tables for the interface.

Merry Christmas!!

[quote=“bcgibbens”]Thanks Kevin. I’ll have to find another Method of accessing their MES System. Maybe they can expose some database tables for the interface.

Merry Christmas!![/quote]

That will definitely be easier!

Hi Do you find a way to to call ignition in Your MES
I am serching for the same to Write the Tags from MES for that I need the DLL’s or SDK