Can a Perspective Flex Repeater be used for "inputs"?

Can a Perspective Flex Repeater be used for “inputs”?

I’d like to create a form where I can specify that the user needs to input a certain number of values.

I can create an embedded view with a label and input field, and setup a flex repeater to dynamically create a number of instances of the embedded view.

However, I can NOT figure out how to get the values back from the input fields. That is, in the parent view, how do I collect all the inputs from the various instances in the flex repeater?

Thanks.
-Shane

I think I figured it out, by using an input/output parameter on the view.

3 Likes

I tried this just now in Perspective 8.1.25 and it's not working. I have a flexrepeater with two instances of a view. The embedded view has a text field, radio button, and label. The embedded view has 3 parameters - input, output 1 and output2, with input bound to the label, output 1 bidirectionally bound to the text field, and output2 bidirectionally bound to the radio button.
When I run the view live and test writing text into the text fields of the instances in my flex repeater, it does not change the outputs of the instance as readable in the flexrepeater. I can't see a way to access the values of the outputs.

I figured out these arrows have to be clicked to change the params to in or out or in/out:
Working now. :slight_smile: