Cannot connect to Global Datablock variables from Ignition Maker

Hi,

I am new to ignition but not new in this OPC-UA, PLc domain. I have configured Tags for S7-1200, S7-1500 via Kepserver. No while configuring the tags for Ignition Maker I followed several tutorials, also did the online course from Rajveer Singh. But unfortunately he shows only how to connect PLC Tags, not variables inside a Global data block. There I tried in the following way as mentioned in your online documentation: https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC79/Siemens , this didn’t help either. What am I doing wrong? I guess people has asked this question before, sorry for repeating. If this is a repeated question @Admin please move my question to already existing thread.

I am trying to access Offset 0(Boolean),2.0(integer) and 4.0(real) values of global Datablock instance 300. So I have used following strings in the “OPC Item Path”:
[PLC_node_name]DB300.X0.0
[PLC_node_name]DB300.I2.0
[PLC_node_name]DB300.REAL4.0

Can anyone help?

Regards,
Jamal

Are you using Kepware or Ignitions Siemens driver? For Ignitions driver, did you follow the instructions in this knowledgebase article?

I found the issue.
To access Offset 0(Boolean),2.0(integer) and 4.0(real) values of global Datablock instance 300. Following strings in the “OPC Item Path”:
[PLC_node_name]DB300,X0.0 [DB300 comma X0.0]
[PLC_node_name]DB300,I2.0 [DB300 comma I2.0]
[PLC_node_name]DB300,REAL4.0 [DB300 comma REAL4.0]

I was using dot(.) instead of comma (the way its done in Kepserver)