Cannot debug Weather (or any other) Module

I can build the weather module and I have set up the client as described for de-bugging, however, classes cannot be found. I believe it cannot find this:
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.BootstrapSwing

Although it is in the jar and the jar is under “Bootstrap Entries”

Although there are slight descrepancies between the manual and the posting on this forum, I have tried both, here is what I have now:

-Djavaws.sr.gateway.addr.0=127.0.01:8088:8043/main
-Djavaws.sr.scope=C
-Djavaws.sr.main=com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.runtime.ClientLaunchHook
-Djavaws.sr.project=WeatherModule_Client
-Djavaws.sr.project.scope=Published

When I attempt to run my debug config here is what I get:

Starting Bootstrap Loader v2.0
Connect Step [attempt 1] connecting to: 127.0.01:8088/main….
Connect successful.
Successfully downloaded launch manifest:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> Claiming id in C:\Users\Morone\.ignition\cache\gw127.0.01_8088_8043_main... ... obtaining lock ... lock obtained. ... claimed id 0 Calculated necessary downloads: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> No project file in cache, downloading full... Downloading "http://127.0.01:8088/main/system/project/C/P/-1/0/WeatherModule_Client"... Connect successful. Download attempt #0 for project WeatherModule_Client failed. com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.HttpResponseException: 404: Not Found at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadProjectStep.download(DownloadProjectStep.java:184) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadProjectStep.download(DownloadProjectStep.java:133) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadProjectStep.evaluateCacheAndDownload(DownloadProjectStep.java:66) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadProjectStep.run(DownloadProjectStep.java:36) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.AbstractStepRunner.run(AbstractStepRunner.java:32) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) Second try, attempting to use pre-staging URL format... Downloading "http://127.0.01:8088/main/system/project/C/-1/0/WeatherModule_Client"... Connect successful. Download attempt #1 for project WeatherModule_Client failed. com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.HttpResponseException: 404: Not Found at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadProjectStep.download(DownloadProjectStep.java:184) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadProjectStep.download(DownloadProjectStep.java:133) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadProjectStep.evaluateCacheAndDownload(DownloadProjectStep.java:66) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadProjectStep.run(DownloadProjectStep.java:36) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.AbstractStepRunner.run(AbstractStepRunner.java:32) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) Downloading "http://127.0.01:8088/main/system/project/C/P/-1/0/WeatherModule_Client"... Connect successful. Download attempt #2 for project WeatherModule_Client failed. com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.HttpResponseException: 404: Not Found at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadProjectStep.download(DownloadProjectStep.java:184) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadProjectStep.download(DownloadProjectStep.java:133) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadProjectStep.evaluateCacheAndDownload(DownloadProjectStep.java:66) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadProjectStep.run(DownloadProjectStep.java:36) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.AbstractStepRunner.run(AbstractStepRunner.java:32) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.HttpResponseException: 404: Not Found at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadProjectStep.download(DownloadProjectStep.java:184) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadProjectStep.download(DownloadProjectStep.java:133) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadProjectStep.evaluateCacheAndDownload(DownloadProjectStep.java:66) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadProjectStep.run(DownloadProjectStep.java:36) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.AbstractStepRunner.run(AbstractStepRunner.java:32) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Why can’t the Class Loader find the appropriate classes?

Thanks!

I don’t think it’s a classloader problem, but instead, simply that you’re telling it to look for an Ignition Project named “WeatherModule_Client”, and that project doesn’t exist.

That parameter, javaws.sr.project, is referring to the Ignition project to launch, which presumably has a window that using the weather component. If you don’t have a project created yet, just launch the designer normally and make one, and then set that parameter to the appropriate name.

Regards,

Thanks Colby! Sorry to drag you away from your work!
I am working now, I simply had to make ProjectName
in the jvm startup for client cmd line arg

-Djavaws.sr.project=ProjectName

my IgnitionProject, I had it as my Eclipse project.
Thanks. I could not find what was deployed or debug it!