Cannot launch mobile client

Hello!

I am trying to launch a mobile client, but having trouble.

Running:
Ignition 7.6.3
Java 7 update 45
Gateway = Windows XP Virtual Machine

Every time I try I get either “Connection reset” or “Connection reset by peer: socket write error”

Tried all the things in Carl’s first post here:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=6041&p=16406&hilit=mobiledata%2Frects#p16406

the log says:
“Connected to Gateway. id=65640dc3-d59b-45c2-c796-c39717b7572d
Initializing… launching project “Mobile” at 800x600”

Any advice?

Java 7u40 and 7u45 don’t work with the mobile module, 7.6.4-rc2 will have the fix for both versions. 7.6.4-rc2 will be out within the next day or two.

In the mean time, if you download the tar.gz package of Java 7u21 or 25, and then set the java path of the mobile module to that location, it will work.

Kyle’s solution is perfectly acceptable and will get you by until 7.6.4-rc2 is out.

To accommodate the mobile module, I’ve been running Java 7u25 on my Ignition server for the past couple months even though Java 7u45 was the current version. For Windows, Java has now released Java 7u51. Am I safe in assuming that the mobile module won’t work with this newest Java update either? Ignition version is 7.6.2.

Secondly, is it possible to install the latest Java update at a different path and have the mobile module point to 7u25 while using 7u51 for everything else?

I’m not sure if it will work with 1.7.0_51, but I am going to make the assumption that it will not.

Is there a reason why you cannot upgrade your Ignition install to 7.6.4 since that release resolves this issue?

I have installed Java 6 and Java 7 on the same box and gotten this setup to work fine but I have not tried it with two versions from the same major release. It is possible that you may run into problems doing this.