Cannot login to Ignition after restart

I am using Ignition 8.0.17 trial version. I created credentials at the Ignition installation time and was able to login successfuly with both gateway and Ignition designer.
After Windows reboot ( windows 10 on i7 ), I am not able to login.
Looking through forums , I tried changing service to “Automatic (delayed start)”, but it did not help me in logging in .
On the gateway I get " * Sign in failed. The username or password you entered is incorrect.".

Somehow in wrapper logs , I do not see any later timestamp for today , when we were trying to access the system. The last timestamp in 04/08/2021.
Wrapper.log location

Could somebody please help .

Sounds a lot like you either have 2 copies of Ignition installed or you’re trying to log in to a different gateway.

Thanks for quick reply. I think that might have been the case . I uninstalled previous Ignition from Windows “add / remove programs” and then installed 8.0.17 .
Any suggestions , on how I can recover 8.0.17 installation ?

Find the Ignition entry in the Windows service management component, make sure there is only one, and then look to see what path to the Ignition executable it is using. Maybe you have one installed from a zip file and another installed via the installer or something like that.

1. Looked into Windows service management. There is only 1 “ignition” service.
  2. The path in the ignition service is
    “C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\IgnitionGateway.exe” -s “C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\ignition.conf”
  3. Looking into local folders, I see there is “ignition-8.1.1-windows-x64-installer” . Assuming , this is what was uninstalled , and then I later installed previous version 8.0.17 (ignition-8.0.17-windows-x64-installer) , you think it might have a problem picking 8.0.17 version.

Just to update , for anybody facing similar issue .
Ignition support team member , did following steps to reset the Ignition password.

C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition>gwcmd -p``Password has been reset. Gateway needs to be restarted.
C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition>gwcmd -r``Waiting for Gateway restart.``Gateway needs to be commissioned

1 Like