Cannot open Perspective Views in the Designer anymore

Yesterday I was working a project. Today when I go to open the views. I have this error:

"HTTP ERROR 500 java.lang.NullPointerException"

The log is this:

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.comm.Routes.designerPage(Routes.java:1377)
at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.comm.Routes.lambda$mountRoutes$6(Routes.java:284)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.dataroutes.Route.service(Route.java:252)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.dataroutes.RouteGroupImpl.service(RouteGroupImpl.java:61)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.dataroutes.RouteGroupCollectionServlet.serviceInternal(RouteGroupCollectionServlet.java:54)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.dataroutes.AbstractRouteGroupServlet.service(AbstractRouteGroupServlet.java:38)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder$NotAsyncServlet.service(ServletHolder.java:1391)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:760)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:547)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:590)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:235)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1607)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:233)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1297)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:188)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:485)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1577)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:186)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1212)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)
at org.eclipse.jetty.rewrite.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:322)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:59)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:146)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:500)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.lambda$handle$1(HttpChannel.java:383)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.dispatch(HttpChannel.java:547)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:375)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:270)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:311)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:103)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$2.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:117)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:336)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:313)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:171)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:129)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:388)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:806)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:938)

I lost my all work in perspective.
Someone can help me? Thanks

Can you open the pages in a client?
Most resources, including perspective views, are stored as local files. Check your server to see if they’re still there, I imagine that they are.
From memory it’s under your igntion install directory/data/projects

You didn’t give a specific version, so I can’t be sure, but the NPE seems to be implicating your session props resource; specifically when it tries to fetch a default theme. You could try deleting (or temporarily relocating) the session props resource to see if a newly created copy has the same issue; it’s located in the Ignition installation directory, with a path like:
data/projects/${YourProjectName}/com.inductiveautomation.perspective/session-props

Sorry for the version 8.1.0. I relocating the session props. After this, when I try save the project, the Designer say me there is difference in the versions in the gateway and on the designer. I solve the difference and now all it's working again.
Once again Ignition demonstrates its solidity as a SCADA system.

1 Like